Welcome friends...thanks for coming by. We're seeking beauty in all of creation... in our faith and our families; our art and our music; our crafts and kitchens, and even in our own backyard. We'll share a poem or a recipe, a picture or a memory; maybe a dream of how we wish our life could be. And though we acknowledge that the world can be harsh, we're keeping it pleasant in our little corner; endeavoring to keep the words from the Book of all Books: ...Whatsoever things are lovely; think on these things.

I so enjoy hearing from you...so leave me a comment; it'll make my day!

Photo: Bee and thistle: Taken high in the Cascade Mountains where there is a bee buzzing on every thistle. by Debora Rorvig

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Colorful Sights from the Fairway

Northwest Washington Fair

Funnel Cakes and Iced Tea...yummy!

The Fairway at Dusk

Saurkraut and Sizzling Grilled Sausages...Mmmmm!

Who Can't Use AnotherFurry Pink Flamingo?


Uncle Stinkey's Magic and Noveltys...A Crowd Pleaser!

Andean Musicians

Andean Musical Instruments

A Place to Eat Like a Piggly!

The Octopus at Night

Note: I've been overwhelmed with questions about the shooting at the NW Washington Fair. Yes, this terrible event did happen. It is such a tragedy not only for our town, but more for our world; that this could happen in small-town America. Here's all I know: A 15-year-old boy; probably a gang member or wannabe gang member; was involved in a fight. He shot 3 people and stabbed another. Two of the shooting victims are still in hospital...good condition--the other was released. I think the stab victim is OK too. The incident thankfully occurred after most of the exhibits had closed; but the carnival was still open. It took place near a free grandstand area right by some food stands. Had it been earlier in the day; things could have been much worse. The boy fled into the carnival and was apprehended by police. That's all I know for now. I normally do not report anything that is not 'lovely' on my blog--but I don't want my readers to think that I live in a bubble of denial. This is just terrible. That notwithstanding; I refuse to allow this young man's anger and hatred to poison my life. I will be praying for him, his family, his victims, and for my little town...that somehow we all can be a part of the solution to such senseless violence. I have a few more posts coming about the sights and sounds of the Fair; and I intend to go forward with them...in acknowledgement of all those wonderful people who brought their beautiful animals, foods, crafts and entertainment venues for all to enjoy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...