Welcome friends...thanks for coming by. We're seeking beauty in all of creation... in our faith and our families; our art and our music; our crafts and kitchens, and even in our own backyard. We'll share a poem or a recipe, a picture or a memory; maybe a dream of how we wish our life could be. And though we acknowledge that the world can be harsh, we're keeping it pleasant in our little corner; endeavoring to keep the words from the Book of all Books: ...Whatsoever things are lovely; think on these things.

I so enjoy hearing from you...so leave me a comment; it'll make my day!

Photo: Bee and thistle: Taken high in the Cascade Mountains where there is a bee buzzing on every thistle. by Debora Rorvig

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Theme is Change


Today is the day after an historic election. Barack Obama will become our president in a few short months. He promises change. It was an emotionally moving sight to watch as he and his lovely family stood on the platform last night; so young, so exuberant, so full of hope for the future. President-elect Obama stands for so many things. He represents the end of centuries of struggle for African Americans. He represents the youth of our country. And his theme is Change. And though I didn't vote for him, I find myself hoping that he is able to bring about some of the changes he has promised. But I know deep inside that many of the things we seek will not, and cannot come from our government. What moves a person from a place of despair to hope; from hostility to peace; from self hatred to self esteem? Where does one find courage in the midst of the battle? Will policies cause me to love my neighbor as myself? No, for these things we must look beyond our government. We must lift up our eyes unto the hills from whence comes our help...our help comes from the Lord. I will honor my new President and I will pray often for him. And I will pray for change in myself, my country, and it's leaders.

1 comment:

Rhondi said...

Hi
Thanks for your sweet comment. I like your comments about the election. I know you are going to enjoy blogging. You'll meet some great people!
Hugs, Rhondi

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...