Welcome friends...thanks for coming by. We're seeking beauty in all of creation... in our faith and our families; our art and our music; our crafts and kitchens, and even in our own backyard. We'll share a poem or a recipe, a picture or a memory; maybe a dream of how we wish our life could be. And though we acknowledge that the world can be harsh, we're keeping it pleasant in our little corner; endeavoring to keep the words from the Book of all Books: ...Whatsoever things are lovely; think on these things.

I so enjoy hearing from you...so leave me a comment; it'll make my day!

Photo: Bee and thistle: Taken high in the Cascade Mountains where there is a bee buzzing on every thistle. by Debora Rorvig

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Tea Time; and the Trials of a Tea -Totaler



Once in a movie, a young man was visiting a very proper old woman. She offered him tea and he declined, saying, "I don't like tea." She stiffened a bit and answered haughtily, " Sir, there are over two thousand varieties of tea; do you mean to say that you dislike them ALL?"


I too, feel a bit haughty about my tea. I have certain favorites. And I detest some of those trendy new varieties, that, though they look nice in the bag; taste like grass clipping strained in water.


If a waitress really wants to irritate me, she only needs to toss a little assortment of tea on the table when I have specifically requested green tea. Then after I have sorted through the bags of licorice-mint and orange-camembert (I jest) tea; I am forced to ask for the green tea. To this request the waitress invariable gives me a dirty look and retorts; "This is all the tea we have."


And why is it, pray tell, that my favorite local coffee shop, switched to a loathesome brand of tea, just because the people who make the brand are local also? Why doesn't he switch to a local coffee, rather than that rich Columbian blend that he offers? I'll tell you why, because the local stuff tastes terrible!

Oh, the trials of a tea-totaler!
***

1 comment:

Scrabblequeen said...

LOL...you made laugh as you described me at a restaurant perfectly...except for the color of the tea. Sigh. Why is it that I get penalized for wanting black tea that isn't Earl Grey?! Oh, they have fancy stuff in herbals, and usually even have green, but for me....sigh....they toss me a Farmer Brothers!! They make coffee, not tea! (well, not good tea, anyway)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...