Welcome friends...thanks for coming by. We're seeking beauty in all of creation... in our faith and our families; our art and our music; our crafts and kitchens, and even in our own backyard. We'll share a poem or a recipe, a picture or a memory; maybe a dream of how we wish our life could be. And though we acknowledge that the world can be harsh, we're keeping it pleasant in our little corner; endeavoring to keep the words from the Book of all Books: ...Whatsoever things are lovely; think on these things.

I so enjoy hearing from you...so leave me a comment; it'll make my day!

Photo: Bee and thistle: Taken high in the Cascade Mountains where there is a bee buzzing on every thistle. by Debora Rorvig

Monday, May 31, 2010

Saturday Morning Reverie

Saturday Morning Reverie
It's 6 am.
A melancholy light
slips into my room,
whispering, "Wake up, my Dear."
I become aware
that
the rains of spring are dancing on the rooftop over my head,
and are gurgling down the gutter-spouts
just outside my window.
My husband's steady breathing
in our bed next to me
tells me that his hard-won rest
from the week before
is sweet.
I won't wake him.
I just tuck my faded blue and-white
pinwheeled
Salvation Army Ladies Society-made quilt
up under my chin

and listen to Your Stillness

Your Holy Stillness


And I know that You are God.
***

1 comment:

Joey said...

Oh how I love those mornings...the stillness is sweet...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. You asked about my background.
Go to the top left hand corner of my blog and click on 'Shabby Blogs' Then click on 'backgrounds' and scroll down to choose one you like. It will lead you through an installation process (not too hard) and you get a great new look!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...