Welcome friends...thanks for coming by. We're seeking beauty in all of creation... in our faith and our families; our art and our music; our crafts and kitchens, and even in our own backyard. We'll share a poem or a recipe, a picture or a memory; maybe a dream of how we wish our life could be. And though we acknowledge that the world can be harsh, we're keeping it pleasant in our little corner; endeavoring to keep the words from the Book of all Books: ...Whatsoever things are lovely; think on these things.

I so enjoy hearing from you...so leave me a comment; it'll make my day!

Photo: Bee and thistle: Taken high in the Cascade Mountains where there is a bee buzzing on every thistle. by Debora Rorvig

Thursday, April 14, 2011

April Snowshowers Bring...

My little garden cherub (now wingless thanks to Miss Koda) was awakened to a surprise this morning...an April snowshower!

The dog and I went out early to see what we could see. My apple tree, which has just begun to bloom, was dusted with snow. Snowflakes were falling lightly on my face, and the scent of apple-blossoms filled the air. It was delightful.
Don't laugh, but I actually looked around for an angel. I've heard it said that when angels visit the air is permeated with a sweet aroma. I don't know if this is so, but I don't doubt it. Perhaps some of the loveliness of Jesus, who is called the Lily of the Valley rubs off on them when they kneel in His Presence.
It went away quickly, leaving me with a sweet memory and the thought that just maybe I had entertained angels unawares.  It was probably just my apple tree; but please indulge my little flight of fancy.

(Actually, twice in my life I have had undeniable experiences involving angels; I don't often speak of them as I don't care to be labelled fanatical. But one day I  will tell you my stories.)

***

3 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

Please share your angel stories. I am sure we have all entertained angels unaware. Some of us are more perceptive and intuitive and open. Would love to read your stories. http://lindaoconnell.blogspot.com

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh it is hard to believe that you are still getting some snow. Spring needs to get there and stay for a while!!

ellen b. said...

Boy was it cold in Lynden on Thursday. I did eat at the Dutch Bakery and I was so thankful for the tip to order half a sandwich. Yikes it was bigger then most whole sandwiches I've ever ordered!! It started raining when I finished lunch or I would have explored town a little more. Have a good weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...