Welcome friends...thanks for coming by. We're seeking beauty in all of creation... in our faith and our families; our art and our music; our crafts and kitchens, and even in our own backyard. We'll share a poem or a recipe, a picture or a memory; maybe a dream of how we wish our life could be. And though we acknowledge that the world can be harsh, we're keeping it pleasant in our little corner; endeavoring to keep the words from the Book of all Books: ...Whatsoever things are lovely; think on these things.

I so enjoy hearing from you...so leave me a comment; it'll make my day!

Photo: Bee and thistle: Taken high in the Cascade Mountains where there is a bee buzzing on every thistle. by Debora Rorvig

Friday, April 8, 2011

Dilly-Dallying in the Daffodils

 Koda and I headed south today...we were bound for the tulip-less Tulip Festival. (They'll be here later this month.) We ate our treats; well actually she had treats; I had a  pb&j sandwich; and sang along to country music on the radio. Isn't that Taylor Swift song called 'Mean' catchy? I should listen to country lyrics more often! We visited the towns of Bow and LaConner,  drove out to Samish Island, and took to the beach at Padilla  Bay. (Those pictures and stories are for another day.)  
Used the 'fresco' feature on Photobucket to make this picture.

and the 'cross processing feature on this one.

This last photo is just me and my camera.

It was as fine a day as I could ask for!


2 comments:

Scrabblequeen said...

Wonderful day, lovely daffies. I hope you find some tulips soon. I keep trying to get up to our Daffodil Hill at the right moment...but it keeps raining and snowing! LOL...whatever happened to sunny CA?

ellen b. said...

So you have quelled my curiosity. Thank you. Tulips are late this year. The daffodils are lovely. Sounds like you had a nice trip.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...