Welcome friends...thanks for coming by. We're seeking beauty in all of creation... in our faith and our families; our art and our music; our crafts and kitchens, and even in our own backyard. We'll share a poem or a recipe, a picture or a memory; maybe a dream of how we wish our life could be. And though we acknowledge that the world can be harsh, we're keeping it pleasant in our little corner; endeavoring to keep the words from the Book of all Books: ...Whatsoever things are lovely; think on these things.

I so enjoy hearing from you...so leave me a comment; it'll make my day!

Photo: Bee and thistle: Taken high in the Cascade Mountains where there is a bee buzzing on every thistle. by Debora Rorvig

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Out With the Old...

I don't know what's happening to me. I mean, inside of me. For the past 30 days I've had this urge to purge! No...I'm not anorexic or bulemic...my photo will attest to that. No, what I mean is, I have this strong desire to simplify my life. And now it's spilling over into my blog. I hope you like the new look; it's a little less busy, a little cleaner...which now that I think about it, is how I'd like my life to be. Isn't that funny how one area of life seeps into another? So here's what I've been up to so far...

*Cleaned out the garage, office and guest room. Sent about 15 boxes of stuff to the thrift store.
*Rearranged the family room. Took all the pictures off the walls, got rid of some of the furniture and made a simple, cozy sitting area.
*Put some of my antiques on Craigslist; with plans to sell them all. No more swirly, curly, ornate furnishings...I long for clean, simple lines.
*Overhauled the front yard. Got rid of a flower bed I've always hated and seeded it with grass, 'cause it's easier to mow than to weed.  The existing front flower beds are all shrubs and perennials; mostly green...heather, azalea, rhodys, hosta, and maples. We put down a nice layer of corn gluten (a natural weed repellent) and a thick layer of bark mulch on top. No more weeding the front yard.

I have big plans to sell the old Victorian bedroom set and create a much more serene, peaceful place for Kelly and I to sleep. Our room is small, so I've been looking at some nice designs on the web...which one do you like the best?

 #1

 #2
 #3
 #4
#5

 #6
 #7
 #8
#9

1 comment:

farmlady said...

This took a while but I think I like #7 the best.
I really like #6 too. It's masculine and substantial. I love leather and dark furniture. But #7 is beautiful. It's modern without being stark. I like the wall color and the blinds. It's a bedroom I would be comfortable in.
I admire your commitment to "clearing the clutter". I'm trying... it's a big job.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...