Welcome friends...thanks for coming by. We're seeking beauty in all of creation... in our faith and our families; our art and our music; our crafts and kitchens, and even in our own backyard. We'll share a poem or a recipe, a picture or a memory; maybe a dream of how we wish our life could be. And though we acknowledge that the world can be harsh, we're keeping it pleasant in our little corner; endeavoring to keep the words from the Book of all Books: ...Whatsoever things are lovely; think on these things.

I so enjoy hearing from you...so leave me a comment; it'll make my day!

Photo: Bee and thistle: Taken high in the Cascade Mountains where there is a bee buzzing on every thistle. by Debora Rorvig

Monday, August 1, 2011

Getting Ready for Company

I've been buzzing around the house like a bumblebee. Washing cupboards, doin' laundry, cleaning the oven...getting ready for special company!




Hanging laundry on a summer day is calming to me. Like taking a pleasant walk.





This is nice stuff; Trader Joe's laundry detergent. It's green. It smells like lavender.



My guests arrive on Friday and are staying for a week...I'm so excited!


Grand-daughter Ana...



and her brother Dane!

When they get here with their mom and dad, Grandma Debbie is folding up her apron and putting away her broom. We are gonna have fun for a whole week! Here's a list of possible activities...

Birch Bay
Mount Baker
Waterslides
White Rock
Kayaking
Picnic at the Park
Ice Cream in Fairhaven
Playing Chinese Checkers
Reading Stories
Golfing
Walks


I can hardly wait!!!


4 comments:

ellen b. said...

Sounds like a load of fun heading your way for sure. Enjoy!

Linda O'Connell said...

Have a blast,and make lots of memories! My three year old granddaughter told me this evening that I am her best friend:)

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

How fabulous to have such special company coming! And boy do you have some fun stuff planned...

My daughter just moved home after being in Ontario for over a year and I'm thrilled to have her within driving distance again (Seattle).

Enjoy your company, it looks like the weather is going to be fabulous ;)

~Chris

trump said...

Thank you for your visits and comments Debora to Amish Stories. Your comments are very thoughtful as well. Richard

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...