Welcome friends...thanks for coming by. We're seeking beauty in all of creation... in our faith and our families; our art and our music; our crafts and kitchens, and even in our own backyard. We'll share a poem or a recipe, a picture or a memory; maybe a dream of how we wish our life could be. And though we acknowledge that the world can be harsh, we're keeping it pleasant in our little corner; endeavoring to keep the words from the Book of all Books: ...Whatsoever things are lovely; think on these things.

I so enjoy hearing from you...so leave me a comment; it'll make my day!

Photo: Bee and thistle: Taken high in the Cascade Mountains where there is a bee buzzing on every thistle. by Debora Rorvig

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Simple Pleasures: Little winter pick-me-ups

It's been a drab, gloomy old winter. What we need is a little pick-me-up; a little color in the midst of all of the dreariness.  Something red! Something fresh! A little reminder that spring is just around the corner.

Isn't it amazing what a bunch of flowers can do for your spirits?
I'm so tired of my old brown sofa, but when I place a vase of tulips in front of it, they seem to bring vibrance and life to the place!

I prefer simple, inexpensive posies; like tulips, daisies, or a sunflower or two.  Even a bouquet of greenery will do. Just something to bring the outdoors inside.

Is there some little thing that gives you a boost in the winter months? Perhaps a manicure, searchings for treasures at the thrift store, or knitting a cozy scarf?






In the midst of winter, I found there was within me,
 an invincible summer.

Albert Camus
***

4 comments:

Melissa Ann Goodwin said...

The minute I scrolled down and saw the red tulips, I automatically smiled. So, yes, it works!

ellen b. said...

Fresh flowers really do the trick to brighten up the day for sure!

Linda O'Connell said...

I tned to hibernate in winter, get drowsy the minute it gets dark. I love the splash of color!

♥ my diary♥ said...

nice post thanks for sharing...blessings...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...