Welcome friends...thanks for coming by. We're seeking beauty in all of creation... in our faith and our families; our art and our music; our crafts and kitchens, and even in our own backyard. We'll share a poem or a recipe, a picture or a memory; maybe a dream of how we wish our life could be. And though we acknowledge that the world can be harsh, we're keeping it pleasant in our little corner; endeavoring to keep the words from the Book of all Books: ...Whatsoever things are lovely; think on these things.

I so enjoy hearing from you...so leave me a comment; it'll make my day!

Photo: Bee and thistle: Taken high in the Cascade Mountains where there is a bee buzzing on every thistle. by Debora Rorvig

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

From the Heart





They say the best gifts are from the heart. I hope it's true, because my card for hubby had to come from the heart this year...and not Hallmark. I've been home for 8 days (but whose counting?) and wasn't able to go out and buy a card or gift. Though I've orders to stay home this week, I am feeling much improved, so I decided to make my hubby a card. I gathered up red things, bows, ribbons, napkins, newspaper, and whatever else I could find. No glue--that's a problem. I had to make glue out of flour and water, like I did as a child. Did you ever do that, or is it something I learned because we were economically challenged? 
Anyway, though the pinks and florals were prettier, I decided on a more masculine look...a kind of a mixed media collage. The paper looks discolored because of my hokey glue. It was thick and difficult to work with. But it dried ok.
 Being a 'word' person, I loved being able to convey my sentiments on the crossword puzzles.  The two halves of the hearts that say 'you' 'me' represent us before we met. The halves become one in the 'together' heart. The word search has 'we' and 'love'. Succinct, but it's the 'glue' for marriage...and not the flour and water kind--the superglue!
We'll have a quiet celebration here at home as I recoup. This weekend perhaps a nice dinner and a movie. Happy Valentine's Day to you all. May you find true love in your live and your relationships with others and with God.


PS: Many, many thanks for your prayers. The funk I was in both physically and spiritually has lifted tremendously. This morning was a big breakthrough for me. What happened? Jesus happened-- and of course, He brought peace with him. What lovely gifts He gives...and how sweet that it happens to be Valentine's Day!

5 comments:

ellen b. said...

Glad things are looking up for you! Happy Valentine's Day to you and your sweetie...

joanne said...

I love the cards that come from the heart. Anyone can go to Hallmark, well except you or me since I can't drive but you know what I mean! Glad your skies are looking brighter...hope you are well, take care.

farmlady said...

Hearts. Husbands. Jesus and Superglue.
What more do you need?
Glad you are doing well.
Happy Valentine's Day to you both.

Linda O'Connell said...

You are talented,such cute ideas, and yes, I know about flour and water glue, too. Glad you are feeling better.

Anneliese said...

Looking for the lovely in the hard times is not easy. May God show His love to you today in such a way that you notice because it is easier to see a flower growing out of a crack in the sidewalk than it is elsewhere. Praying for you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...