Welcome friends...thanks for coming by. We're seeking beauty in all of creation... in our faith and our families; our art and our music; our crafts and kitchens, and even in our own backyard. We'll share a poem or a recipe, a picture or a memory; maybe a dream of how we wish our life could be. And though we acknowledge that the world can be harsh, we're keeping it pleasant in our little corner; endeavoring to keep the words from the Book of all Books: ...Whatsoever things are lovely; think on these things.

I so enjoy hearing from you...so leave me a comment; it'll make my day!

Photo: Bee and thistle: Taken high in the Cascade Mountains where there is a bee buzzing on every thistle. by Debora Rorvig

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Hosanna





Today is Palm Sunday. The message we heard in church today was how quickly circumstances can change. On Sunday they were crying "Hosanna" and on Friday, just 5 days later, some of the same people  were crying "Crucify him!"  What fickle, reckless creatures we are. How gracious that Jesus understands us! 

Our pastor closed with these words...

"In the cross we see the extent of the evil that people are capable of [to crucify an innocent, holy man]...and we see the extent of the love that God is capable of [to forgive our worst offences]."

I marvel at His grace.

***

3 comments:

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Oh, me too, I've been marveling at that grace these days. And yes, I've wondered too at how quickly the mood of the crowd changed.

I'm soooo grateful for that perfect LOVE that offers the olive branch even after our worst offenses.

Like you, I'm marveling!

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

PS... Not related, but I enjoyed your comment over on my hair posting on my pink blog.

Had a wee chuckle in my hand as I considered what the 'standard grandma cut' looks like. Isn't that funny/odd how people tend to label and cookie-cut.

ellen b. said...

It is amazing to think of what we were given through these events so many years ago. Grace that is greater than all my sin...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...