Welcome friends...thanks for coming by. We're seeking beauty in all of creation... in our faith and our families; our art and our music; our crafts and kitchens, and even in our own backyard. We'll share a poem or a recipe, a picture or a memory; maybe a dream of how we wish our life could be. And though we acknowledge that the world can be harsh, we're keeping it pleasant in our little corner; endeavoring to keep the words from the Book of all Books: ...Whatsoever things are lovely; think on these things.

I so enjoy hearing from you...so leave me a comment; it'll make my day!

Photo: Bee and thistle: Taken high in the Cascade Mountains where there is a bee buzzing on every thistle. by Debora Rorvig

Friday, April 6, 2012

We Are the Easter People



In my last post I left you standing on Golgotha with Mary, gazing upon a crucified Jesus. Let us continue on with Mary [Magdalene] to the tomb...

But Mary remained standing outside the tomb sobbing. As she wept, she stooped down and looked into the tomb. And she saw two angels in white sitting there, one at the head and one at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain. And they said to her, Woman, why are you sobbing? She told them, Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid Him.
On saying this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not recognize that it was Jesus. Jesus said to her, Woman, why are you crying so? For whom are you looking?  Supposing that it was the gardener, she replied, Sir, if you carried Him away from here, tell me where you have put Him, and I will take Him away. Jesus said to her, Mary! Turning around she said to Him in Hebrew, Rabboni!, which means Teacher or Master.
Jesus said to her, Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to My brethren and tell them, I am ascending to my Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.

John 20: 11-17


Dear Friends,

My Easter wish for you is that just as it happened for Mary on that very first Easter morning, so will Jesus appear to you; and that as He speaks your name as only He can, you will find the answers you are looking for. Happy Easter my friends! He Lives!







"Do Not Abandon Yourselves to Despair...We Are the Easter People, and Hallelujah is Our Song!"

Pope John Paul II

***



1 comment:

ellen b. said...

Happy Easter, Debora! He is Risen!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...