Welcome friends...thanks for coming by. We're seeking beauty in all of creation... in our faith and our families; our art and our music; our crafts and kitchens, and even in our own backyard. We'll share a poem or a recipe, a picture or a memory; maybe a dream of how we wish our life could be. And though we acknowledge that the world can be harsh, we're keeping it pleasant in our little corner; endeavoring to keep the words from the Book of all Books: ...Whatsoever things are lovely; think on these things.

I so enjoy hearing from you...so leave me a comment; it'll make my day!

Photo: Bee and thistle: Taken high in the Cascade Mountains where there is a bee buzzing on every thistle. by Debora Rorvig

Sunday, June 10, 2012

This weekend was the Homestead Open golf tournament. Son Sam flew in from Las Vegas to Play. Son John and his family drove up from Portland. The boys went golfing and my daughter-in-law, Karen and I walked down to the park with the kids. Lynden City Park is a lovely place for children of all ages to play. These pictures reminded me of one of my favorite poems by Robert Louis Stevenson entitled "The Swing."








The Swing


How do you like to go up in a swing,

Up in the air so blue?

Oh, I do think it the pleasantest thing

Ever a child can do!



Up in the air and over the wall,

Till I can see so wide,

River and trees and cattle and all

Over the countryside--



Till I look down on the garden green,

Down on the roof so brown--

Up in the air I go flying again,

Up in the air and down!




Living in different states makes it difficult for my boys to spend time together. It's so special to see them having fun together!
Sam's on the left. John's on the right.

This is Karen. She is my artistic, marathon running, laughing, beautiful daughter-in-law. She inspires her children to be strong and bold...just like her. She is the wife that I prayed that my son would someday marry.  


Dane and Ana persuaded me to go down the slide. Grandchildren are a special tonic for grandparents. They take us all the way back to that special place called childhood!



Hubby and Sam, out on the links.

And Baron, well Mr. Baron had a wonderful time with Millie, our Aussie Grand-doggie!
***

4 comments:

ellen b. said...

Enjoyed seeing more of your family. I love seeing our boys together, too. How nice that you could all be together...

trump said...

If I did what your kids were doing in these pictures "now" I'm afraid my days would be numbered, to be young again! Richard

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Looks like everyone was having a blast!!

Anneliese said...

Those ae awesome photos of the kids on the swings!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...