Welcome friends...thanks for coming by. We're seeking beauty in all of creation... in our faith and our families; our art and our music; our crafts and kitchens, and even in our own backyard. We'll share a poem or a recipe, a picture or a memory; maybe a dream of how we wish our life could be. And though we acknowledge that the world can be harsh, we're keeping it pleasant in our little corner; endeavoring to keep the words from the Book of all Books: ...Whatsoever things are lovely; think on these things.

I so enjoy hearing from you...so leave me a comment; it'll make my day!

Photo: Bee and thistle: Taken high in the Cascade Mountains where there is a bee buzzing on every thistle. by Debora Rorvig

Monday, July 30, 2012

Colonial Creek Campground Scenes

This week we camped for a few days at Colonial Creek Campground in the North Cascades. This is where mountains rise up to over 9000 feet. A place of fast running rivers and icy cold alpine lakes. Where the breeze is cool and fir-scented. Some call it the American Alps. I call it tranquility. And yes, the water really is that green.

I rose early one morning and strolled down to the lake where I saw...

Birds flying above the clouds...
Paddlers making ready...

Anglers...

Mirror-like reflections in the water...
Preparing to launch...
Alpine wildflowers...
Morning mist on the lake...

Paddles slicing through glassy water...
A place to reflect...
A reminder of our Native friends...

And I returned to this...coffee a-perkin' and sausage a-sizzlin'...

Life is grand in the Pacific Northwest.
***

3 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

Oh what a happy all over feeling from looking at your photos. I miss camping and I love nature. My friend lives in Oregon and is surrounded by this beauty. You are blessed.

ellen b. said...

Looks quiet and peaceful!

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Summer camping is just so grand!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...