Welcome friends...thanks for coming by. We're seeking beauty in all of creation... in our faith and our families; our art and our music; our crafts and kitchens, and even in our own backyard. We'll share a poem or a recipe, a picture or a memory; maybe a dream of how we wish our life could be. And though we acknowledge that the world can be harsh, we're keeping it pleasant in our little corner; endeavoring to keep the words from the Book of all Books: ...Whatsoever things are lovely; think on these things.

I so enjoy hearing from you...so leave me a comment; it'll make my day!

Photo: Bee and thistle: Taken high in the Cascade Mountains where there is a bee buzzing on every thistle. by Debora Rorvig

Thursday, August 9, 2012

From my journal: It's OK!

An entry from my journal dated 6/1/11...

Looking at past entries in this book I'm amazed that the subject doesn't change much--either that or I don't learn much! Last week was Oprah's final show. She talked about a guest who challenged her to BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ENERGY YOU BRING TO YOUR DAY AND TO OTHERS.

Energy--Spirit--Words--Deeds     Each leads to the next. I think this is so important. I've been working on it for a few days with very positive results.

In times past I guess that I thought that my attitude was a product of events in my life and that I had to struggle to overcome negativity. Now I see that the events in my life are effected by the attitude I bring to them and apply to them.

Oh Lord Jesus; only You can give me strength to have an excellent spirit!

I feel content tonight; more so than in the past. Content with my work, my marriage, family, home; but mostly...content with myself. Comfortable in my own skin. Finding my way and even enjoying the view along the way. It's OK to be happy. It's OK to be me..imperfect, beautiful me. Flawed but WABI SABI! I am the object of Jesus' passion...sin purged and reconciled to Him.

It's OK

It's OK to be happy
while your working on your stuff.
To be a little silly,
have a little fun.
Throw off your shoes and dance.
Wave at airplanes.
Pet dogs.
Read novels.
Laugh out loud.

It's OK to miss it
once in awhile,
just get back up and dust yourself off;
Walk on. It's OK.

Hold your head high
you imperfect one--
you are glorious
because
He says you are.
Don't ever forget that.

It's OK to cry
when you feel sad.
It's OK and it's gonna be OK
He promises you that.

It's OK to pray
for anything and everything
and everyone...
for broken hearts and broken nails,
for water bills and spotted leopards,
He cares about it all--
He hears it all,
He'll sort it all out.

Don't worry--It's OK.
It's OKAY.

I had this day;
a perfect day,
when everything was
A-Okay!

***


1 comment:

Rebecca said...

It IS OK. And your poetry is WAY better than OK :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...