Welcome friends...thanks for coming by. We're seeking beauty in all of creation... in our faith and our families; our art and our music; our crafts and kitchens, and even in our own backyard. We'll share a poem or a recipe, a picture or a memory; maybe a dream of how we wish our life could be. And though we acknowledge that the world can be harsh, we're keeping it pleasant in our little corner; endeavoring to keep the words from the Book of all Books: ...Whatsoever things are lovely; think on these things.

I so enjoy hearing from you...so leave me a comment; it'll make my day!

Photo: Bee and thistle: Taken high in the Cascade Mountains where there is a bee buzzing on every thistle. by Debora Rorvig

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

More than a pretty face...

Beauty

Says Keats...

A thing of beauty is a joy for ever:
Its loveliness increases; it will never
Pass into nothingness; but still will keep
A bower quiet for us, and a sleep
Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing... 
 

Perhaps the advancing years have caused me to ponder beauty in 'older' women; but I prefer to think that it is wisdom, not the progression of years that has taught me that beauty is more than than prettiness of face and body. Beauty is far more potent an elixir than prettiness.    True beauty happens when the essence of one's spirit is illuminated on their face, in their heart, and in their mind. It can happen at age 10, at 30, or at 90. My own mother became more beautiful as she aged, and I think she was the loveliest in her eighties. 

So I've been collecting photographs of beautiful older women on Pinterest. Most of them are celebrities; only because so few women seem to feel comfortable having their pictures taken, much less displaying them on the internet for the whole world to see. What a pity! 

Happily, I've just added a beauty to my Pinterest board who is not a Hollywood glam. She's my cousin's  wife, Esmeralda. Her hubby posted this picture of her as they celebrated their wedding anniversary in Hawaii. Honestly, I really don't know how old Esmeralda is. And isn't that just my point? This I do know, she is a mother, a grandmother, and a lovely woman. Proof that beauty has no age!
 
 
***

1 comment:

joanne said...

I do believe that it is the wisdom that comes with years that is certain beauty. I feel much more beautiful now than ever in the past, a comfort if you will that I didn't have when I was in my youth.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...