Welcome friends...thanks for coming by. We're seeking beauty in all of creation... in our faith and our families; our art and our music; our crafts and kitchens, and even in our own backyard. We'll share a poem or a recipe, a picture or a memory; maybe a dream of how we wish our life could be. And though we acknowledge that the world can be harsh, we're keeping it pleasant in our little corner; endeavoring to keep the words from the Book of all Books: ...Whatsoever things are lovely; think on these things.

I so enjoy hearing from you...so leave me a comment; it'll make my day!

Photo: Bee and thistle: Taken high in the Cascade Mountains where there is a bee buzzing on every thistle. by Debora Rorvig

Thursday, March 26, 2009

More from the Schoolhouse

Yesterday I went to visit another school. I had a substitute teacher for the day. 'Danny', one of my special students gets very annoyed when I am gone. He doesn't deal with change very well. This morning when I returned to class, I asked him, "Danny, were you respectful to my substitute teacher?" He replied, "I really tried to be, but she didn't know what she was doing! I tried so many times to tell her what we do around here, but she kept saying 'I don't understand you.' It was really frustrating for me to keep repeating myself over and over. But in the end, I think she may have learned something from me."

I was both amused and taken with his words. After all, don't we all have something to learn from everyone we meet?

Tomorrow I have a dentist appointment. Another opportunity for Danny to 'teach' my substitute a lesson. God bless her!
***

"My heart is singing for joy this morning! A miracle has happened! The light of understanding has shone upon my little pupil's mind, and behold, all things are changed! "
Anne Sullivan
(Helen Keller's teacher)
***

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...