Welcome friends...thanks for coming by. We're seeking beauty in all of creation... in our faith and our families; our art and our music; our crafts and kitchens, and even in our own backyard. We'll share a poem or a recipe, a picture or a memory; maybe a dream of how we wish our life could be. And though we acknowledge that the world can be harsh, we're keeping it pleasant in our little corner; endeavoring to keep the words from the Book of all Books: ...Whatsoever things are lovely; think on these things.

I so enjoy hearing from you...so leave me a comment; it'll make my day!

Photo: Bee and thistle: Taken high in the Cascade Mountains where there is a bee buzzing on every thistle. by Debora Rorvig

Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Hand of God

An autumn leaf sits on my desk; I picked it up today, a memento from a stolen morning walk. So many things I should have done; but lovely it was, and the the sunlight streaming through my window beckoned me, "Come out!" So I cast my chores aside and donned my walking shoes. The path I chose was carpeted with fallen leaves and the air was thick with a potpourri of maple birch, and fir. So quietly a golden maple leaf drifted down and touched my face-so softly that I could think that God himself had touched me with the palm of his hand.
Debora Rorvig
***

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...