Welcome friends...thanks for coming by. We're seeking beauty in all of creation... in our faith and our families; our art and our music; our crafts and kitchens, and even in our own backyard. We'll share a poem or a recipe, a picture or a memory; maybe a dream of how we wish our life could be. And though we acknowledge that the world can be harsh, we're keeping it pleasant in our little corner; endeavoring to keep the words from the Book of all Books: ...Whatsoever things are lovely; think on these things.

I so enjoy hearing from you...so leave me a comment; it'll make my day!

Photo: Bee and thistle: Taken high in the Cascade Mountains where there is a bee buzzing on every thistle. by Debora Rorvig

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Down by the Bay; Out in the Country


Here in the Pacific Northwest, you can go to the beach, to the country, and even to the mountains all in one day if you wish. Today was a glorious autumn day, so Kelly and I headed for one of Whatcom County's premier spots...Boulevard Park. There is a long boardwalk that spans the water in places, allowing you to get right out over the water. The walk extends from the historic city of Fairhaven to the center of Bellingham.


There were so many sailboats anchored in the harbor today.



The pilings beneath the boardwalk have their own kind of beauty.



The fishing vessel Winnie was busy checking her crabpots.



Families enjoying the beach.





A little history. Fishing was (and is) a major local industry.



Strolling along the boardwalk.
Now, back home to the country; in the small town of Lynden.

I treated myself to a pumpkin from the market today. Those cornstalks are from my garden. The corn crop was terrible this year; but I was pleased to at least have some great stalks for my autumn-scape.




My little dirty-faced garden angel is taking a little break from his summer work.





The coleus in my planters is going to seed. I know I should pinch those flowers off; but I can't bear to do it. That diminutive periwinkle flower is so pretty!



Despite the over-abundance of rain; my sunflowers have finally bloomed.
The Northwest. There's no place like it. I love my home!
***

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...