Welcome friends...thanks for coming by. We're seeking beauty in all of creation... in our faith and our families; our art and our music; our crafts and kitchens, and even in our own backyard. We'll share a poem or a recipe, a picture or a memory; maybe a dream of how we wish our life could be. And though we acknowledge that the world can be harsh, we're keeping it pleasant in our little corner; endeavoring to keep the words from the Book of all Books: ...Whatsoever things are lovely; think on these things.

I so enjoy hearing from you...so leave me a comment; it'll make my day!

Photo: Bee and thistle: Taken high in the Cascade Mountains where there is a bee buzzing on every thistle. by Debora Rorvig

Monday, October 18, 2010

Autumn; Feast for the Eyes and the Soul


It's Monday afternoon and I should be at school. Right about now I would normally be helping Mrs. Ross show her brood of kindergarteners how to count blocks and explain how a rectangle differs from a square. Complex stuff when you're only 5. But instead I am nestled in hubby's cozy recliner sipping tea from my newly-thrifted corningware ivy teapot and blogging away. Somehow I pulled a muscle in, well, there's no delicate way to say it...my groin. Ouch! It's been bothering me for several days, but like any good superhuman; I've tried walking it off, ignoring it, stretching it; basically everything but the practical, time honored remedy-rest. My early morning walk to the loo this mornin' convinced me. I realized that limping to the bathroom was one thing, but getting up and down on my knees all day so that I can look my students in the eye is quite another. And I must say, this rest thing is under-rated. I feel pretty good! Steamy hot tea, my newly painted olive green kitchen, a bunch of autumn flowers on the desk, and our backyard squirrels are all keeping me quite entertained and feeling very mellow.
And since I've got the time; I thought I'd load some new autumn-inspired photos for you to enjoy. (I took them while 'walking off' the pulled muscle!)



A view of the back yard from my newly painted kitchen


Luscious grapes at Homestead Farms


Walking through the arbor



Crimson vine maples



and crimson winter apples on the espalier (from a neighbor's home, I dream of espaliered apples in my garden one day)


Taking a break from our walk at the 2nd tee box

A view of the 8th green
Last roses of summer
Peeking at the old John Deere through the golden leaves


Shadows on our pathway.
A fall feast for the eyes and soul.
***

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...