Welcome friends...thanks for coming by. We're seeking beauty in all of creation... in our faith and our families; our art and our music; our crafts and kitchens, and even in our own backyard. We'll share a poem or a recipe, a picture or a memory; maybe a dream of how we wish our life could be. And though we acknowledge that the world can be harsh, we're keeping it pleasant in our little corner; endeavoring to keep the words from the Book of all Books: ...Whatsoever things are lovely; think on these things.

I so enjoy hearing from you...so leave me a comment; it'll make my day!

Photo: Bee and thistle: Taken high in the Cascade Mountains where there is a bee buzzing on every thistle. by Debora Rorvig

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What's Your Idea of Fun?

A couple of years ago my daughter, 3 of her 4 children and I spent a few days at the beach. We roasted wieners and made smores as the sun was setting. For me, this was as fun as it gets!


I've been reading a blog called the Happiness Project. (You can find the link in my 'Creative Friends blogroll.) Gretchen Rubin, the author, suggests that we must learn to have fun again. And to do this, you need to define what is fun to you. Not what is fun to your spouse-or sounds fun but you're not really sure-or what you think would be fun for the kids and family...what is fun to you? I suspect that we mothers often forget what is fun because we spend so much time sacrificing for our families. So can you answer these 2 simple questions? Please send me your comments; I'd love to hear what you think is fun.

1.   What is fun for you?

2.  When was the last time you really had fun?

With these questions answered; there's just one thing left to do; go out and have fun!

P.S
Here's my answer:
1. Reading, Travelling and exploring new places,  Campfires with friends and family, Going to concerts, Blogging,  Taking 'artsy' classes, Any and every beach related activity or inactivity!
2. I read daily. Haven't travelled in a while. It's been a couple of years since I roasted marshmallows with my grandkids. I bet it's been 5 or more years since I attended a concert. Blog all the time. Haven't taken a fun artsy class for about 8 years. I was last at the beach in September, I think.

2 comments:

Scrabblequeen said...

I'm with you on reading, travelling, and exploring new places....but let's add knitting, singing, and going to Highland Games. Oh, and tea with friends...anywhere! And games, I love to get a group of friends and family gathered up for a game night.
Um...When did I last really have fun? Friday afternoon. I played an old BBC recording of a favorite show/book for someone "new" to it.

Debora said...

I like your ideas of fun. Except that knitting would be a whole lot more fun to me if I didn't make those big mistakes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...