Welcome friends...thanks for coming by. We're seeking beauty in all of creation... in our faith and our families; our art and our music; our crafts and kitchens, and even in our own backyard. We'll share a poem or a recipe, a picture or a memory; maybe a dream of how we wish our life could be. And though we acknowledge that the world can be harsh, we're keeping it pleasant in our little corner; endeavoring to keep the words from the Book of all Books: ...Whatsoever things are lovely; think on these things.

I so enjoy hearing from you...so leave me a comment; it'll make my day!

Photo: Bee and thistle: Taken high in the Cascade Mountains where there is a bee buzzing on every thistle. by Debora Rorvig

Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

Etsy has so many great artisans-I could spend all day there! From time to time; I like to share some of my favorite things; as they truly are 'whatsover things lovely'!


Strawberry Fields Hat Crochet PATTERN in PDF format From BellaMcBride
This scrumptious hat pattern is by one of my favorite crochet designers, Bella McBride. Her designs are nostalgic; romantic, and always elegant. Wouldn't this hat be just perfect with a ruffled pink silk blouse and a crinkly floral skirt?  Or maybe with some faded jeans and an aqua t-shirt...To view more of her lovely work go to   http://www.etsy.com/shop/BellaMcBride?ref=seller_info.

***
Mason Jar Lanterns, 6 Clear Party Luminaries, Light Jars, Upcycled Recycled Lighting, Ball Jars, Garden Party, Weddings by TreasureAgain
Mason Jar Luminaries by Treasure Again

These beauiful luminaries have it all. They are pretty, practical, vintage, upcycled, and just plain magical. I plan to buy some of these for my garden this summer. I can just picture them on a warm summer evening, hanging beneath my fir tree grove in the backyard; with the candlelight casting eerie shadows all along the garden path. Here's the link: http://www.etsy.com/shop/treasureagain?ref=top_trail


***


A View of the Pacific from an Original Watercolor Painting by Joyce Hicks




Village Charm in Westport from an Original Watercolor Painting by Joyce Hicks

 You all know from reading my life list that I long for a little cottage by the ocean. Joyce Hicks paints what my heart dreams. I can so see myself riding along the roads in these paintings on my cruising bike with the basket full of daisies or wild blackberries. There's a brisk, but warm wind coming off the ocean bringing with it the scent of the sea. My grandchildren are just beyond the picket fence; gathering pails and shovels for a day of building sandcastles and frolicking with the waves.  Can you hear them laughing...I can. Sigh! It will happen one day; I know it. Until then I will feed my dreams with beautiful images as these. You can see more of her work at http://www.etsy.com/shop/JHicksFineArt?ref=top_trail.

These are just a few of my favorite things...and my favorite artists from Etsy!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...