Welcome friends...thanks for coming by. We're seeking beauty in all of creation... in our faith and our families; our art and our music; our crafts and kitchens, and even in our own backyard. We'll share a poem or a recipe, a picture or a memory; maybe a dream of how we wish our life could be. And though we acknowledge that the world can be harsh, we're keeping it pleasant in our little corner; endeavoring to keep the words from the Book of all Books: ...Whatsoever things are lovely; think on these things.

I so enjoy hearing from you...so leave me a comment; it'll make my day!

Photo: Bee and thistle: Taken high in the Cascade Mountains where there is a bee buzzing on every thistle. by Debora Rorvig

Monday, February 21, 2011

Microfiction Monday #71 Honeymoon's Over!



She wanted to book the Marriot on their wedding night. He insisted on driving further. They wound up staying in a dilapidated hotel on the outskirts of Nowhere.


Microfiction Monday is hosted by Stony River; You look at the picture and try to write a little vignette for it in 140 characters or less. Lots of fun! http://www.stonyriver.ie/



.

9 comments:

gaelikaa said...

My, my! That's something else! Good MM.

Linda O'Connell said...

Debora,
I am new to micro fiction and while scouting the sight, I found your blog. Your treasures are also the things I hold dear to me heart. I have signed on to follow you, please follow on my blog http://lindaoconnell.blogspot.com/

Doctor FTSE said...

Dilapidated and then some!

Diane said...

Hope they are still able to enjoy themselves.... :O)

Sylvia K said...

Now that's a challenging way to start a honeymoon/marriage!! I love it! Clever take on the pic of the day! Hope you have a great week!

Sylvia

Susan Fobes said...

This is one of those, "Why doesn't he just stop and ask?" moments-we all know about these. LOL!

Ellen Brickley said...

Debora, I love your take on the picture! Very unusual and not something I expected at all. . . I think this couple have their work cut out for them!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I know that feeling only too well.
Great micro! :O)

Anonymous said...

I've been to "Nowhere" before--you captured it beautifully! Have a great week. Cheers~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...