Welcome friends...thanks for coming by. We're seeking beauty in all of creation... in our faith and our families; our art and our music; our crafts and kitchens, and even in our own backyard. We'll share a poem or a recipe, a picture or a memory; maybe a dream of how we wish our life could be. And though we acknowledge that the world can be harsh, we're keeping it pleasant in our little corner; endeavoring to keep the words from the Book of all Books: ...Whatsoever things are lovely; think on these things.

I so enjoy hearing from you...so leave me a comment; it'll make my day!

Photo: Bee and thistle: Taken high in the Cascade Mountains where there is a bee buzzing on every thistle. by Debora Rorvig

Sunday, March 20, 2011

OOPS!

OOPS! Today I went shopping at Fred Meyers while hubby was getting a haircut. As I went through the checkout; a nice looking gentleman standing behind me was smiling at me all the while I was there. Now this used to happen a lot when I was younger, but in these later years...not so much. So I left feeling very flattered. Once home, hubby was sitting in his recliner and I passed by him on my way into the kitchen.
He said, "Come back here a minute."
Again I thought, "I must be lookin'  good today." He asked me to turn around. Then he started to snicker. I had a big hole in my jeans all along the pocket line. It was gaping open and revealing my underwear! No wonder the gentleman at Freddy's was smiling! Too bad my underwear wasn't a little racier than those white cotton briefs! That nice gentleman is probably still chuckling!

I'm pretty sure that the sight of my derriere doe not classify as a 'thing that is lovely'; but  I shared the story because it is  pretty funny and we all need a laugh now and then!

Anything embarrassing happened to you lately that you'd dare to share?


6 comments:

ellen b. said...

Thanks for the chuckle! I'll be checking my behind before I leave the house for a while...

joanne said...

you made his day!! No way am I sharing...I'm still too traumatized! ha, have a good week..;j

joanne said...

the word verification was "undemom" hmmm...I kid you not.

Debora said...

LOL, undemom! That could be the brand name for my underwear! Kinda like mom-jeans.

courtney's third head on twitter said...

that is funny! It was a cute smile the fellow gave you as well have all been there at one time or another. thanks for your visit to my page, its nice to meet you!

chickory said...

whooops! that was weird. no, its chickory.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...