Welcome friends...thanks for coming by. We're seeking beauty in all of creation... in our faith and our families; our art and our music; our crafts and kitchens, and even in our own backyard. We'll share a poem or a recipe, a picture or a memory; maybe a dream of how we wish our life could be. And though we acknowledge that the world can be harsh, we're keeping it pleasant in our little corner; endeavoring to keep the words from the Book of all Books: ...Whatsoever things are lovely; think on these things.

I so enjoy hearing from you...so leave me a comment; it'll make my day!

Photo: Bee and thistle: Taken high in the Cascade Mountains where there is a bee buzzing on every thistle. by Debora Rorvig

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Please, Push the Button!

OK friends, I have to admit it. I've been feeling a little sad, a little insecure about my lack of followers. But then a sweet blogger friend pointed out the obvious...I didn't have a 'follower' button. Oh hallelujia, maybe I am a decent writer, maybe they do like me...all they lacked was the button! I've fixed that now. So please... if you visit occasionally, do me the honor of pressing that 'follow' button on the upper left side of my blog. And I'll be sure to follow you too! I know...shameless self promotion. That's why I'm reading "Insecure No More"--it's in my previous post...yikes, more self promotion. Hmm, maybe I should just leave it at that and sign off now...

Thanks a bunch,

3 comments:

BECKY said...

Yay, Debora!! I am proud and happy to become a follower! Thanks for becoming one of mine, too!

Aunty Belle said...

Hi hi!!

Of course there are always FAR more followers that you imagine. Some are very silent--timid or curious but silent.

But Sugar Pie, doan measure yore effect on others by the visible numbers--why ya never know when one thang ya say, one image ya show gives somebody a lift, or a new direction, or courage, or a new idea, or a smile...ya never ever know the true impact yore life has on another.

I doan worry too much about followers 'cause I doan want folsk to think they have to be regulars--I'se so happy to see ya whenever ya can git by the Porch. An I reads many many blogs whar' I isn't on the follower list. Reckon I'se jes' contrary that way.

On another topic--whoa! I really need to read taht book ya list on yore sidebar: How to Garden Wiser as you Grow Older.

Happy Independence Day! May all yores be blessed today!

Debora said...

Aunty Belle, your the best! Thanks for the encouragement. And yes, that book is very helpful to gardeners of a certain age!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...