Welcome friends...thanks for coming by. We're seeking beauty in all of creation... in our faith and our families; our art and our music; our crafts and kitchens, and even in our own backyard. We'll share a poem or a recipe, a picture or a memory; maybe a dream of how we wish our life could be. And though we acknowledge that the world can be harsh, we're keeping it pleasant in our little corner; endeavoring to keep the words from the Book of all Books: ...Whatsoever things are lovely; think on these things.

I so enjoy hearing from you...so leave me a comment; it'll make my day!

Photo: Bee and thistle: Taken high in the Cascade Mountains where there is a bee buzzing on every thistle. by Debora Rorvig

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Blue Ribbon Quilt at the County Fair

I can spend hours looking at the quilt exhibit at the Fair. This year was no exception. I took photos of almost every quilt there! The handiwork was amazing! This quilt was one of the grand prize winners. This quilt should be in the Smithsonian...really. Just look at the details! She's combined crazy quilting, embroidery, applique, ribbon work,beadwork, and heaven knows what else in this piece. I'm not sure, but it appears to have been hand quilted.





What a masterpiece...it must be a lifetime achievement for this gal! I could look at it for hours!



4 comments:

ellen b. said...

That really is a beauty and worthy of that ribbon!

Rebecca said...

It really IS amazing. I understand how you could spend hours looking at quilts. (And if you've quilted yourself, you can REALLY appreciate it at another level altogether, right?)

farmlady said...

Quilting boggles my mind.
This one is exceptional.
No wonder it won the award.

grins said...

Wow I really would love to have the second one down on the left. That is awesome! Hope Koda is well. curmudgeon out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...