Welcome friends...thanks for coming by. We're seeking beauty in all of creation... in our faith and our families; our art and our music; our crafts and kitchens, and even in our own backyard. We'll share a poem or a recipe, a picture or a memory; maybe a dream of how we wish our life could be. And though we acknowledge that the world can be harsh, we're keeping it pleasant in our little corner; endeavoring to keep the words from the Book of all Books: ...Whatsoever things are lovely; think on these things.

I so enjoy hearing from you...so leave me a comment; it'll make my day!

Photo: Bee and thistle: Taken high in the Cascade Mountains where there is a bee buzzing on every thistle. by Debora Rorvig

Friday, June 22, 2012

Firstfruits


This is the first crop from my little community garden plot...some handsome radishes! In the old testament Israel was commanded to bring a first fruits offering...

And it shall be when thou art come in unto the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee for an inheritance, and possessest it, and dwellest therein; that thou shalt bring of thy land that the Lord thy God giveth thee, and shalt put it in a basket, and shall go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose to place his name there, and thou shalt go unto the priest that shall be in those days, and say unto him, I profess this day unto the Lord thy God that I am come unto the country which the Lord sware unto our fathers...And thou shalt set it before the Lord thy God, and worship before the Lord thy God: And  thou shalt rejoice in every good thing which the Lord  thy God hath given unto thee, and unto thine house, thou and the Levite, and the stranger than is among you.     Deuteronomy 26 vs 1-2 and 10-11

Though this custom is not necessarily a Christian tradition, I think it's lovely and so as I share this photograph of my 'firstfruits'...I too rejoice in every good thing my Father has given me and my family. His blessings are too numerous to name. A bundle of pretty red radishes, a peaceful heart, a healthy body, and a beautiful and loving family--all from His hand. How extravagant He has been with me! My heart is filled with gratitude.

***




2 comments:

ellen b. said...

God is good! Lovely radishes and yes I do enjoy your new header! Fun...

joanne said...

Amen!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...