Welcome friends...thanks for coming by. We're seeking beauty in all of creation... in our faith and our families; our art and our music; our crafts and kitchens, and even in our own backyard. We'll share a poem or a recipe, a picture or a memory; maybe a dream of how we wish our life could be. And though we acknowledge that the world can be harsh, we're keeping it pleasant in our little corner; endeavoring to keep the words from the Book of all Books: ...Whatsoever things are lovely; think on these things.

I so enjoy hearing from you...so leave me a comment; it'll make my day!

Photo: Bee and thistle: Taken high in the Cascade Mountains where there is a bee buzzing on every thistle. by Debora Rorvig

Friday, July 13, 2012

Images


A visit to the barn at Hovander Homestead conjures up images of...

Grandpa Miller. Driving around the county in his horse drawn wagon; selling housewares and such.


Playing hide and seek in brother Allen's barn. Hiding behind old wooden crates and mysterious tools in shadowy corners and nooks.



Filtered rays of light coming through spidery cobwebs on brittle windowpanes.

 Building forts and tunnels in haymows...jumping from dizzying heights into piles of hay.

Being all itchy afterward.


And this one reminds me of Jesus. He says:

"Come to me all you who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light. "

And I feel thankful.



3 comments:

Jack McCallum said...

Fabulous images! I love shooting up at that place because there is so much to photograph. Dawn and I often go there and practice working with light, shadows, and color.

Linda O'Connell said...

Hi Debora, just catching up on blogs. Wonderful pictures and inspirational words of wisdom.

trump said...

Very rustic looking. Richard

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...