Welcome friends...thanks for coming by. We're seeking beauty in all of creation... in our faith and our families; our art and our music; our crafts and kitchens, and even in our own backyard. We'll share a poem or a recipe, a picture or a memory; maybe a dream of how we wish our life could be. And though we acknowledge that the world can be harsh, we're keeping it pleasant in our little corner; endeavoring to keep the words from the Book of all Books: ...Whatsoever things are lovely; think on these things.

I so enjoy hearing from you...so leave me a comment; it'll make my day!

Photo: Bee and thistle: Taken high in the Cascade Mountains where there is a bee buzzing on every thistle. by Debora Rorvig

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Flying Fairies and Monster Trucks...and Penguins in the Freezer

I was helping out in "Mr. Smith's" kindergarten class this morning. I go there every day for a few hours to help struggling students master their ABCs and 123's. This week before the holidays has been especially busy as unsteady little hands ever-so-carefully paint watercolor pictures, cut out jaggedy snowmen, and get all sticky as they glue snippets of green crepe-paper onto wreath shaped posterboard. 

This morning as Mr. S. was taking roll, he asked each student this question, "If you had all the money in the world, what would you buy Mrs. Rorvig (that's me) for Christmas?"

Here are a few of their ideas...

A diamond purple bracelet
A flying fairy
A big monster truck with flowers and hearts on the wheels that I can mash old rusty cars with
A penguin that I can keep in the freezer (my favorite)
An angel fish
A beautiful dress with diamonds all over it
A computer
A fancy necklace
A beautiful Christmas tree
5 cookies
A horse
A ring. Not just any ring but one that sparkles.
A Seattle Seahawks colored pickup truck


The sheer joy and pleasure on their little faces as they described in great detail what they wanted to buy for me was the sweetest Christmas present ever. Because it's not about the present; but that they love me enough to wish such wonderful, magical things for me.

Am I not the richest person in the world? No doubt...I am.

So I wish you the Merriest Christmas filled with flying fairies, penguins in the freezer, monster trucks with flowered wheels, fanciful necklaces and angel fish. And most of all I hope that you will experience the pure love of a little child...as we remember that one precious Child and the gift He brought to us on that Wonderful Night.

Merry Christmas Friends! Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

What wonderful presents you received. Love them all.
And of course the ring had to sparkle. It is a rule.
Merry Christmas to you and yours.

joanne said...

Merry Christmas Mrs. Rorvig. Sounds like you'll be getting a lot of jewelry for Christmas...and a penguin.

Debbie said...

What sweet ideas and endless imaginations. You are rich indeed.
I think I like the penguin idea too.

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

What a great list of Christmas wishes those kids had for you. It's a keeper.

Thanks so much for stopping by earlier...finally catching up on my blog visits too.

Happiest of New Years... wishing you glimpses of heaven in unexpected places... and grace for the journey!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...